Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Stress Manager

So I've been thinking about what's the most constructive way for me to manage my stress. With college applications, work at the magazine, and my homework assignments weighing me down, I feel like giving it all up at this point. I've sent in my resignation at the newspaper which took off alot of stress. Oh how I hated it so!...the incompetent staff, the unsupportive editors, being underpaid...no no...I'm glad it's over. Now I have this weird way of knowing when I've pushed myself to the limit...my right foot starts to hurt, and there's this throbbing pain right in the middle that refuses to go away, and it makes it pretty hard to walk on after a while. So all week I've been limping around, hoping that I'm slowing down enough for it to go away, but the pain just keeps getting worse.

This morning my mother and I got into a fight, physical and verbal. The effect of me waking up so suddenly and having her pull me out of bed by the ends of my hair made my head hurt. I packed my shit and got the hell out of their, closing the door pretty hard in my wake. I kept thinking, only a few more months and I'm out of this joint. I told her that I was cutting off all of my hair, which I am. She kept saying how I'd look like a boy, or she'd ask me when I said I wanted to, what, you want to be some kind of dyke or something. >.<. So the reason we got into this little brawl was the fact that she blamed me for her getting a bad grade on her homework assignment, which is stupid. I'm not responsible for her, and I told her repeatedly that I couldn't do everything and always be there to help her or do her papers for her. She signed up for it, why should I be responsible. Every day I think, man I'm going to get up and change myself, be a better person, let go of the stress, but then I get all of these things thrown at me, and it seems so hard. Every got damn day. If I'm sitting around doing nothing, it makes me nervous.
I've taken to reading many more books lately starting with A Thousand Splendid Suns and a book I have to read for Lit, called The Elephant Vanishes. In one of the stories it talked about this book called Anna Karenina and I'm dying to get it. I need a good Russian romance novel in my life I think. Usually that's what I do when things get tough. I hide myself away in good books.
Maybe next week I'll improve...start back doing yoga and such...=/

1 comment:

Enemy of the Republic said...

Anna K is great. You would probably like Doestoevsky, but he is very intense. I haven't read A Thousand Splendid Suns yet.

Your account of what happened at home is awful. I won't say more on the grounds it might incrimidate me.