Wednesday, January 16, 2008

College

I've been going through the typical Senior first semester crisis and have been neglecting to post on my blog. This semester is driving me nuts, but it looks like I'm coming out allright, and as usual, I'm worrying too much about things and need to take a breather. Mom allowed me to take the day off, and she said it was about time. Now you know there's something going on when your mother says that. But it was also because I had to get a new permit since I lost the last one. I should be getting my license in April along with hopefully an acceptance to Northwestern and enough financial Aid to cover my expenses, and hopefully it's mostly grants and scholarships and less loans...This year it's all about completion and finally starting over. I can't wait to graduate. Honestly. This semester went relatively fast I suppose, but it's been stressful.

Everyone's trying to pressure me into going to prom. I never considered myself a prom person, always this sort of social outcast, and it was the one tradition I was willing to break, but I believe they convinced me. My boyfriend wants to go. He didn't say so, but I know. He was telling me how he wished he had went to his prom and got a class ring and all that. So maybe we'll go together and it'll be his first prom. I guess that means I have to start planning it. I decided I want to wear black. My mother said I was crazy and I needed more colors. But I've always felt really comfortable in that color. Representation of my morbid personality I guess. I'm also getting a class ring. I've been wanting one of those forever. It's going to be white gold. $400 dollars. Nuts. All the graduation stuff is finally catching up to me. All I've been worrying about is college and financial Aid stuff and maintaining my grades. I have a good shot at graduating with straight A's. So overall this first semester is going to be quite successful for me. I'm so tired though. I need a break. I keep thinking about all the stuff I still have to do and I keep thinking about it instead of doing it, and it's starting to drive me crazy. I'm involved in all these activities and trying to balance school. Lots of times I can sit in a place for two hours going over every task, every single thing that needed to get done and looking at my planner. Imagine a calendar with at least three things written in practically every day of the week @_@''...I try to find time for my boyfriend and he does for me too, cause he's working all these hours trying to go to college in the fall as well. We're always compromising and going a week or two without seeing each other, and it's like I have to schedule him in. It gets annoying. I just want to blow stuff off and be with him alot of times, but then my deeply inbedded responsibility gene kicks in and I tell myself no. Things will slow down by March-April...most likely April..hopefully..but then I have to study hard for AP and IB exams so I can hopefully past em with flying colors and that the college of my choice accepts the college credit in July. Blah..I have to get off and start on this homework and scholarships and stuff.

No comments: