Sunday, May 24, 2009

Whales and Oceans

I had a dream last night where I was walking down an empty city street, and this guy I know from my job asked me if I wanted a ride. He took me somewhere where we were about to sit down and eat, and these two kids moved their lunch away from me. One girl did right away, and another boy was like "don't eat my lunch!"... I started to curse and swear at the little kid. I told him that I wasn't touching his f*** lunch. And the man had to calm me down. He stared at me glaring a bit, and I glared back, and he asked me what's wrong. I said I was angry. After some theater show, we went to this ocean somewhere and saw a winter's sunset. He was telling me how the whole ocean froze over because it was so cold, but I had never seen anything so beautiful. It was a purplish blue as it set, and we walked on the ocean floor. Don't remember everything he told me, but then he spotted a whale under the frozen ocean, and we ran for the shore in a panic, and him urging me to go on and watch out for weak spots in the ice. We made it on the shore just in time to see the whale rise from the frozen ocean and crash back again, and we stared in awe at the magnificent huge creature before us, and set down and watched the sun finally go down.

I woke up smiling from this dream. It offered me some hope for some reason, and I thought that maybe this person has more significance in my life then I'd ever realized. It was like this man had something to teach me, about going with the flow, about anger, and how you have to appreciate life even when it throws you curve balls because it's worth living.

No comments: