Friday, June 12, 2009

Growing Up is Hard

I've taken part in some new adventures in my life this summer. I got a a new job at AMC theatre and going full time at community college this summer to get my science requirements out the way. I'm also taking a Belly Dancing class which is increasing my confidence greatly. I'm even walking differently, because you know dancing is only walking, but doing it in a different way. I've been learning to except my body. Along with that, I've just started dreading my hair. So this time next year I hope to have some nice beautiful dreads, and maybe become a better belly dancer. I've been taking everything in strides and making some pretty important decisions in my life. This year has been about commitment and balancing things. My love life and my work life keep colliding with each other, and there has been some strain with my current relationship with Mr. Leo. He's going through similar things with his career. He's not feeling pleased with himself or the way his career is going, and I'm stuck on the sidelines hoping that I could at least ease some of that suffering. Instead I'm looking on helpless to stop him from entering this black hole. Overall, it's just been really hard. I'm trying to get my career started by finishing school, working as many hours to get my apartment before school starts, and trying to get in shape and learn to be more confident in myself. Now I have a whole other person to deal with. There has been a lot of growing pains, but I'm so committed. My decision to get dreads shows a another commitment I'm willing to take, and finishing school, yet another commitment. I've learned that growing up is about these commitments and how we choose to handle them in a patient and mature way is the key to being a successful adult. Prioritizing your commitments, admitting you were wrong..etc. I want things to work out smoothly. Don't we all.

No comments: