Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Tornado Warning

There was a tornado warning today. This is very strange you see, since I live in the city of Chicago. There hasn't been one I believe since this area was mostly rural..and that had to be about a hundred years ago.
I arrived at the field house on broadway and waveland just before the rain came. I was an hour early for rehearsals, so I sat in the cold white washed room and sat by the window. I'm currently reading The Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy. Beautiful book. I deviled in it's pages with an intensity matched by the oncoming storm. I wanted to escape. A few glorious minutes, the rain sloshing down against the windows, wind howling, and me lost in the miseries and woes of Tom and Savannah Wingo. Why don't you make me happy anymore? There's nothing but sorrow when I'm around you now. Your eyes said everything, the message though got lost in translation. You seemed to be pleading with me, trying in those looks to figure out where I stood, whether walking out on me damaged me and I would be angry with him forever, and how long is forever?! Not long at all, because I could never be mad at you no matter how hard I try. I love you but you make me weep inside and a storm rages within me just waiting to unleash and I want to watch the rain pour down, and maybe I'll be free of you.

No comments: